vrijdag 28 juni 2013


June 29th - My country, of Thee I bead!

What a great Challenge this one also is!  Thank you Nan Smith for this great idea
for the Blog Hop as well as for organizing it.  
Another one  in a row of Challenges, this summer@ Facebook.
 
The theme is ‘My Country of Thee I bead’. Well, my country is The Netherlands. 
What pictures you have in mind, when thinking of The Netherlands?  It’s a country 
with a lot of touristic attractions like famous museums with paintings of
Rembrandt &Van Gogh, the House of Anne Frank, tulips, daffodils,
windmills, canals, and delicious Gouda cheese.
And… our flat flat scenery! Could I bead of that? Yes, I could, but there
is more… In April we had the coronation of our new King, Willem-Alexander.
Finally a King, after having  a Queen as a head of our state for 107 years!
 
Click to enlarge

At the coronation, his mom Princess Beatrix, his wife Queen Máxima, and
the 3 little princesses  were wearing lovely ‘Royal Blue’ dresses. I picked that
colour to make some glass tulips, here they are :-)
The orange facetted Agate beads I choose  because it’s the colour
of our House of Orange!

Click to enlarge

Maybe you like to see a bit more of the coronation?

Watch this small movie (appr. 4 min). on Youtube:

 
I hope you like the necklace and the little in’s and out’s behind my story!


Have fun reading the blogs of the other participants!

http://wirednan.blogspot.ca/2013_06_01_archive.html

 
✿❀  
 

19 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I love the blues and oranges

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh Dini-- this is SO Beautiful. What a lovely way to share your wonderful country's colors! I admire so much your talents!
    all love, Jean

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a lovely tribute to your your King, and those tulip beads are fantastic. Thanks for sharing with me.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I love the tulips!!! They are amazing!

    Beautiful work, as always!

    <3,
    Andrea

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Beautiful work, Dini. I love that colour combination and how you spoke of The Netherlands. Great to hear of your king's coronation. Very unusual after a century of female rulers but hey I'm all for equal opportunity and men have not been faring well in society today. White men,especially. They seem to be everybody's favorite target! Thanks for joining in and also for the great badge you made!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Really a beautiful tribute, and great picture! The tulips are wonderful and I really love the way you put it together!!! Have a Blessed Day!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. How interesting, I love royalty.
    I see that you made a necklace with tulips, how brilliant!!
    As always you always make beautiful pieces. I wish I could come to the Netherlands(I went to France last year, and I was in the Netherlands briefly).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dini, this is a gorgeous necklace! I love the choice of the colours (adequate and beautiful) and your handmade tulip glass beads (I associate tulips with the Netherlands). Have a great weekend. Ana

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. love the tulip very much..... and the color combination is beautiful.....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. i love what you created. it is beautiful and gave me goosebumps!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Ahh Dini, how beautiful. I so love tulips and yours are divine! Thanks for the little back ground. have a great weekend! Vera


    http://veradesigns.blogspot.com/2013/06/its-here-reveal-day-for-my-countryof.html

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Prachtig zeg! dat heb je zooo mooi gemaakt! I love it!!! Oh and I watched the enthronement and loved seeing so many people there. It must have been a great day, very beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. Another beautiful work of art :) Your tulip art beads are exquisite, and I love how you were inspired to celebrate The Netherlands with a coronation colorway! I used a colorway to create my country, too. Beautiful design and beads!

    Love,
    Rita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Your necklace is gorgeous, the colors are BEAUTIFUL!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. I love the colors combination. You made the tulips? W.O.W...so beautiful. Netherland is always identic with tulips ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. I too love the color combination. I am inspired to make beads in those shades of blue and orange. The necklace is beautiful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen